Ingredients for the preparation of Tatar pasties
- Lamb meat 700 grams
- Onions 3 pieces
- Greens (dill, parsley, spring onion) 1/2 bunch
- Table salt 2 teaspoons
- Butter 3-4 tablespoons
- Premium wheat flour 400-500 grams
- Boiled water 1.5-2 cups
- Chicken eggs 1 piece
- Seasoning for barbecue (or any other for meat) 2-3 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients: Lamb, Flour
- Serving 6 servings
- World cuisineTatar cuisine
Inventory:Cutting board, Sharp knife, Meat grinder, Kettle, Saucepan (small size), Whisk, Table spoon, Glass, Bowl (small size) - 2 amount, Large bowl, Rolling pin, Wooden board, Large pan or deep frying pan, Paper napkins, Refrigerator, Stove, Serving flat dish
Cooking Tatar pasties:
Step 1: Prepare the meat for minced meat.Lamb should be washed well with running water, if there are bones, get rid of them by cutting them with a knife. Using a sharp knife on a cutting board moistened with water, cut the meat into slices about the size of 4x4 cm. In a meat grinder, grind lamb into minced meat.
Step 2: Process the other ingredients for the filling.
Step 3: Combine the ingredients for the minced meat.Combine minced meat, chopped onions, herbs, mix well, season with spices for barbecue or meat and salt and stir again. For a while, while we are preparing the dough, place the minced meat in the refrigerator on the lower shelf. Place the butter in a small saucepan and melt it over medium heat - it will take 5 - 7 minutes no more.
Step 4: Knead the elastic dough.While the butter is melting, gently wash the egg with running water, break into a bowl and beat well with a whisk. Now you need to combine the butter and the egg, add salt and stir. Then gradually add flour (pre-sifted through a fine sieve), while stirring the resulting mass with a tablespoon. The dough should be elastic. Then sprinkle the wooden board with flour, put the dough on it and knead until it stops sticking to your hands.
Step 5: Form and fry the pasties.Cut the dough into two or three parts, then roll each very thinly in the shape of a round cake. Mentally divide the cake into two semicircles, on one of which put the prepared meat filling in a not very thick layer, fold it, not forgetting to put a small piece of butter on the filling. The edges must be carefully studded. In big hot pot or pour a deep frying pan with vegetable oil and fry pasties on both sides until tender.
Step 6: Serve the Tatar pasties.Put the finished pasties on a paper towel so that the oil is a little glass. Chebureks are served on a large flat serving platter for a second lunch or as a hearty and spicy dinner. You can drink them with tomato juice, if desired. Good appetite!
- - To prevent the edges of pasties from opening, it is best to press them before frying with a plate or a special device for forming pasties.
- - The size of the cheburek should be about the palm of your hand, the dough should be rolled out very thinly, but not so much that it does not tear.
- - In order for the pasties to turn out to be “correct”, the dough should be insisted for about an hour, and then knead again.