Ingredients for Making Mussels with Bacon
- Mussels (with shells, frozen) 140 grams.
- Cream 33% fat 80 ml.
- Spinach 5 grams.
- Bacon 30 grams.
- Gruyere cheese 50 grams.
- Lettuce leaves 10 grams.
- Lemon 1 piece.
- Basil 5 grams.
- Vegetable oil 1-2 tablespoons.
- Salt to taste.
- Ground black pepper to taste.
- Main IngredientsBacon, Mussels and Scallops
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Deep plate or bowl, Deep pan, Wooden or plastic chopping board, Frying pan, Paper towels, Stewpan, Grater, Baking tray, Stove, Oven, Serving dish
Cooking mussels with bacon:
Step 1: take the mussels.To prepare this dish, only large mussels in the sinks are used. Mostly such mussels are delivered worldwide from New Zealand and only in frozen form. This type of mussel is called - Kiwi mussels. So, take the mussels, defrost them in a natural way and only at room temperature. Then, when they thaw, carefully rinse them under running water to wash away sand and various small particles. Then, using a knife, carefully clean the shells, cut off the mussel meat directly from the leg, with which the mussels are attached to the sink. Put the mussel meat in a separate plate or in a deep bowl, and wash the shells, dry and put it in a separate plate. Sinks - do not throw out! After that, you can rinse the mussels again under running water, because further we will work with their meat.
Step 2: Blanch the mussels.
Step 3: chop the spinach and fry the bacon.
Step 4: prepare the sauce.We take a clean, preferably metal, stewpan and pour cream of 33% fat there. If there is no stewpan, you can use an ordinary metal pan. We put the stewpan on the stove and evaporate all the cream to half. Cream must not be boiled over high heatotherwise they will peel off. After the cream has evaporated and become thick, add the chopped spinach to the stewpan and add some salt. We keep the sauce on fire for a couple of minutes and set aside to let it cool slightly.
Step 5: bake the mussels.We take a baking sheet and lay on it shells from under the mussels. Then we take blanched mussels, put each on a sink, put slices of bacon on top of the mussel meat. Now pour each shell with mussels and bacon a creamy spinach sauce. Three cheese on a fine grater and then sprinkle each mussel. Preheat the oven on 180-220 degrees. When the oven is preheated, put a baking sheet with mussels and bake for about 5 minutes mussels until a golden cheese crust forms on them.
Step 6: Serve the mussels with bacon.We put the fully prepared mussels in a round serving dish, decorate everything with lettuce, you can add a couple more sprigs of basil on top and a couple of lemon slices. You can pepper them a little, if they seem a little fresh to you. Everything, a chic dish or an appetizer is ready. Enjoy your meal!
- - mussels are served only hot. Warming mussels is not recommended and you can not store mussels ready-made, they quickly deteriorate.
- - Mussels do not need much salt and season with something special - all this will give them the bacon itself.
- - if you buy raw meat of previously milled mussels, you should always rinse it beforehand so that there is no sand left on them, after which you can safely cook and fry the mussel meat.
- Video how to easily and quickly process mussels