Ingredients for making mussels with cheese.
- Mussels in large shells 300 grams.
- Lemon 1 piece.
- Garlic 3-5 cloves.
- Mixture of herbs "Italian herbs" or "Mediterranean herbs" - 1 pack.
- Chilli 0.5 teaspoon.
- Chives 4 feathers.
- Tomato 3 pieces.
- Bell pepper 0.5 pieces.
- Pitted olives 5-6 pieces.
- Hard cheese 80-100 grams.
- Vegetable oil to taste
- Mayonnaise to taste.
- Salt to taste.
- Ground black pepper to taste.
- Dried basil to taste.
- Main ingredientsMussels and scallops, Cheese
- Serving 4-6
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Deep casserole, Grater, Deep bowl, Wooden or plastic chopping board, Spoon, Frying pan, Wooden spatula for turning, Bakeware, Kitchen stove, Oven, Serving dish
Cooking mussels with cheese:
Step 1: take thawed mussels.
Step 2: pickle the mussels.Put the mussel meat in a separate bowl. We take a lemon, cut it in half and squeeze lemon juice from each half into mussel meat in a bowl. Then salt everything a little, pepper to taste and mix thoroughly with a spoon. Take the garlic, peel 3 cloves from the husks, three on a fine grater and add to the bowl with mussels. Those who like garlic very much can add 5 cloves. Here we add the seasoning "Italian herbs" or "Mediterranean herbs" a couple of teaspoons. Now add some vegetable oil. It is advisable to add olive oil, but if it is not there, then sunflower oil is also suitable. Those who like dishes more sharply can add a little chili pepper - 1-2 teaspoons. Now we mix everything thoroughly with a spoon and leave to marinate for a short while.
Step 3: stew the mussels.
Step 4: bake the mussels.When the marinade is evaporated, put the pan out of the heat, take the baking dish (I took a one-time one) and transfer the mussels there. Cover mussels with grated cheese and grease with mayonnaise. It is advisable to lubricate well so that the cheese is saturated with mayonnaise. Now we put the mold in a preheated oven until the cheese with mayonnaise is melted and covered with a golden crust.
Step 5: Serve the mussels with cheese.When the dish is ready, we take it out of the oven, cut it into slices directly in the form and serve it on the table. If you wish, you can put the appetizer on a large serving plate decorated with lettuce leaves and serve it on the table. The appetizer is ready! Enjoy your meal!
- - adding the seasoning "Italian herbs" or "Mediterranean herbs" is correct. This means that before adding it to a bowl with mussels, they should be poured into the palm of your hand, then rub them in your hands with two hands and only then add them to the mussels. This way you make herbs smell more intense. This will add more piquancy to the dish.
- - who takes the usual baking dish - it should be a little greased with butter or sunflower.
- - in addition to lettuce leaves, you can cut onion rings into a serving dish a little and nicely place the fresh cucumber cut in circles.
- - It is advisable to serve this appetizer immediately on the holiday table. Since mussels are a rather perishable product, it is advisable not to heat them up or store them in the refrigerator.