Provencal mussel ingredients
- Fresh mussels 500 grams.
- Onions 4-5 pieces.
- Garlic 1 head.
- Chili pepper (ground) 1. teaspoon.
- Soy sauce 1-2 teaspoons.
- Olive oil to taste.
- Tomatoes (large fleshy) 4-5 pcs. Uki.
- Dry basil to taste.
- Black pepper to taste.
- Salt to taste.
- Main ingredientsMussels and scallops
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Saucepan deep, Wooden chopping board, Spoon, Knife, Bowl, Frying pan, Kitchen stove, Turning wooden spatula, Serving dish
Step 1: thoroughly wash your mussels.We take fresh mussels, wash them and begin processing. Mussels are treated as follows: first they take mussel shells and clean them of various foreign layers, rinse well under running water so that there is no sand left in them, which can then linger in your stomach. Then stand for half an hour in cool water and again they are washed well under running water.
Step 2: cook the mussels.
Step 3: mode and stew vegetables.
Step 4: prepare the sauce.The water in which we previously boiled the mussels is drained from the pan, but leave literally about 1 cup for further preparation of the sauce. We take the tomatoes, scald them with boiling water and peel them. Pass the peeled tomatoes through the combine. Then we spread it in a pan, where mussels are stewed with onions and garlic, we pour mussel meat on top of them with tomato paste from tomatoes just passed through the combine. Stew it all over low heat 5-7 minutes. When the sauce begins to thicken, add a little sauce to the pan. Now still 5-7 minutes we extinguish until complete evaporation of the excess liquid. Ideally, the sauce should be quite thick, similar in texture to sour cream. Add basil and other spices to the sauce to taste.
Step 5: serve the Provencal mussels.When the dish is ready, the mussel meat in the sauce can simply be laid out on a serving dish or nicely laid out on shells, pouring sauce on top. Enjoy your meal!
- - We recommend serving this magnificent dish with garlic bread, mashed potatoes or boiled rice.
- - Also, chilled dry white wine is perfect for this dish. To give a more piquant taste to mussels - you can pour all the mussels a little with the same wine.
- - We recommend buying only fresh mussels, but you can also try smoked ones. Mussels are especially good in such a season as from mid-June to March, but in all subsequent months, until the new June, mussels are still not fatty and, of course, are not so tasty.
- - The most elementary way of eating mussel meat is to eat them raw! In this case, you must open the shell leaves and pour the entire contents of the mussel with lemon juice or ordinary vinegar, and then swallow their contents whole (well, drooling?). But most often, naturally, the mussels are served hot.
- - Fresh live mussels can be stored in the refrigerator if they are laid in only 1 layer and covered with a damp towel. No need to store fresh mussels for 2-3 days. Otherwise, they just go bad.