Ingredients for Making Apple Pastilles
- Apples 2 kilograms.
- Shelled walnuts, chopped, 0.5 cup.
- Refined vegetable oil 1 tablespoon.
- Main IngredientsApple, Nuts
- Serving 4-6
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Thick-bottom pan, preferably with a non-stick coating, Blender or pusher, Baking tray, Parchment paper, Spatula for leveling mixtures, Scissors, Glass jar with a tight fitting lid, Cooker
Cooking apple pastille:
Step 1: wash, peel, cut apples.For the preparation of pastilles, any apples are suitable for us: beaten, crushed, damaged, rotted. The sweetness of the pastille is regulated by the sweetness of apples. No need to add sugar. We wash the apples under running cold water, remove all external damage. Cut in half. From the halves of apples, remove the core and the stalk. If there is any damage inside, then they also need to be cut. Washed and peeled apples are cut into large slices. The form and quantity is not important - all the same, then we will mix until a homogeneous mass.
Step 2: cook the apple pastille.
Step 3: dry the pastille in the oven.
Step 4: serve the apple pastille.We take the finished pastille from the oven. Gently flip it onto a clean, flat surface and remove parchment paper. If you plan to store the pastille for a long time, then you need to roll it up without paper into a tight roll and put it in a dry clean jar with a well-fitting lid. You can store the jar with pastila in the refrigerator or in a dry, cool, dark place. If the pastille is planned to be eaten without any delay, then we cut the layer with scissors into strips. From these strips you can make various edible figures, which is especially interesting for children. Well, for us adults, it’s very useful to have a strip of marshmallows on long thoughtful nights near the computer when you really want to “chew something.” Enjoy your meal!
- - depending on the variety of apples, the taste of pastille also changes. If you have completely sour apples, and you want sweet candy, then you can add 2 tbsp of sugar when cooking. Then the evaporation time will increase.
- - the more liquid in applesauce, the longer it will take to evaporate. Ideally, apples are stewed in their own juice.
- - In addition to nuts, candied fruits, raisins, and crushed dried fruits can be added to apple marshmallows.
- - so that during drying the parchment does not stick to the pastille, you need to lubricate it with a small amount of vegetable oil.
- - if the parchment is firmly stuck, it means you overexposed the pastille in the oven. Try wetting the parchment on the back of the formation with clean water several times and carefully removing it from the marshmallow.
- - if when cutting the pastille with scissors into pieces, you notice that it is wet inside and sticks to the scissors, then you can dry the pastilla cut into strips in the oven.