Ingredients for Cooking Catfish Roasted with Tomatoes
- Freshly frozen catfish fillet 500 gr.
- Fresh tomatoes 5 pcs.
- Onion 2 pcs.
- Parsley (or dill) greens 1 bunch
- Wheat flour 100 gr.
- Butter 70 gr.
- Vegetable oil (or olive) 3 tbsp. spoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Catfish, Tomato
- Serving 3 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Bowl, Frying pan, Cutlery, Serving plates (or wide dish)
Cooking catfish fried with tomatoes:
Step 1: Cook the fish for the dish.Frozen catfish fillet must first be removed from the refrigerator approximately one hour before cooking. Next, we thaw it under natural conditions: at room temperature until completely softened. In order to speed up this process, the fillet can be dipped in a bowl of cold water, in which it is necessary to dissolve half a teaspoon of salt. After the fish is thoroughly washed in water and cut into portions. In size, each of them should not exceed 5 centimeters. We put the pieces of catfish fillet in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and mix the ingredients well. We leave the fish in this form for 5 minutes, so that the pulp is saturated with spices. In a frying pan drown butter. Pieces of fish in turn dipped in wheat flour, and then spread on a hot frying pan. Fry the fillet on both sides until golden brown. In general, it will take no more than 3-4 minutes. At the same time, make sure that the fish does not burn.
Step 2: Fry the catfish with tomatoes.Wash the tomatoes thoroughly, after which we make a small incision in the skin of the fetus. Next, dip the tomatoes in boiling water for 10-15 secondsthen we take them out with a spoon and easily peel them off. Cut them with a sharp knife into circles. Peel the onions, rinse and cut into rings. Pour vegetable or olive oil into a hot pan, then put the onion on it and fry it slightly, then add the tomatoes and fry the vegetables for a few more minutes. Put slices of fried catfish in a pan to tomatoes and onions and add a quarter glass of water. Cover the dish and simmer the contents until all the liquid has evaporated.
Step 3: Serve the catfish, fried with tomatoes.Wash greens in water and finely chop. We lay the finished dish on portioned plates or on a common plate and sprinkle with fresh herbs. Served with catfish, fried with tomatoes, mostly hot. A fish prepared according to this recipe is incredibly juicy and aromatic. It can be eaten right in this form or served with an additional side dish. Perfectly boiled rice or mashed potatoes. Although you can cook any that you like. Good appetite!
- - As for the sauce for som, you can use garlic, cheese or creamy variations. Often such a fish is eaten with sauces containing pickled cucumbers or citrus fruits. But the latest offers only apply to lovers.
- - For such a dish, you can use fresh catfish, but in this case, it must first be cleaned and gutted. Then divide into fillets and separate from the skin.
- - To enrich the taste along with salt and pepper, you can use other spices and seasonings to your taste. Also, catfish can be flavored with crushed garlic. In this case, the dish will be saturated with an incredible aroma and piquant aftertaste.