Ingredients for the preparation of the basis for the cake "7 glasses"
- Premium wheat flour 1 cup (100 grams)
- Sugar 1 cup (150 grams)
- Potato starch 1 cup (100 grams)
- Powdered milk 1 cup (80 grams)
- Butter (can be replaced with margarine) 1 cup (140 grams)
- Chicken egg 1 cup (3 pcs.)
- Sour cream 1 cup (170 grams)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Vegetable oil 50 grams
- Main ingredients Eggs, Flour
- Serving 4-6
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Deep bowl, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Oven, Wooden spatula, Baking tray, Mixer, Cutlery, Serving plate
Preparation of the basis for the cake "7 glasses":
Step 1: Cook the dough.Pour about half of the previously sifted flour into a deep bowl, then add granulated sugar, break three chicken eggs, and add milk powder to the bowl. We begin to knead. We spread the butter, sour cream, at the very end the rest of the flour, potato starch and baking powder for the dough. So that the mass we get is uniform in appearance and very pleasant in taste, I take, usually, a mixer and mix everything at an average speed. The resulting the dough should be viscous, it may resemble the consistency of liquid sour cream or thick fermented baked milk. That is, if we take and put a spoonful of dough on the surface of a cold dish, it will not quickly go to bed, but will spread.
Step 2: Bake the dough in the oven.A baking sheet must be covered with a piece of parchment paper so that our base does not burn, and it can be easily removed. You can also grease the surface with a little vegetable oil. It is most convenient to use a culinary brush for this purpose. Pour our dough onto a baking sheet, it can also be leveled with a spoon to make a smooth surface. I usually preheat the oven to temperature 200 degrees. Only then I put a baking sheet with a base for up to 20 minutes. The cake we have to get smooth, with a golden crust without the so-called "cap" or "slide". Leave to cool directly on parchment paper. After 10-15 minutes, I cut the cake into pieces. Whoever likes it, it all depends on your imagination. You can make a pyramid, you can make a standard round cake.
Step 3: Serve the base for the cake "7 glasses."The prepared base for the cake can be coated with any impregnation, which one you like best or which one you like to cook. Here you can not limit yourself to fantasy. You can decorate the resulting product with fruit, melted chocolate, whipped cream cream. Good appetite!
- - If you use regular milk, you may get a very liquid consistency of the dough, it will become too vague. And what result can be obtained - I can’t even imagine. In my opinion, it is better not to experiment and look for another option for cooking cakes. I, too, had never used powdered milk before this recipe, but it was for this basis that I began to acquire it specifically.
- - At my place a glass of 130 milliliters, and so, all the ingredients must be measured only by them. If you have a 200 gram glass, it's okay, you can safely use it for mixing. The main thing here is to take everything in volume in equal shares.
- - It is very important that the cakes soaked in cream and formed into a cake should not be served immediately, but insisted at room temperature or on the lower shelves of the refrigerator from 3 to 12 hours. The more your product stays idle, the more intense and tasty it will turn out. Cakes should be thoroughly soaked and saturated with creamy taste.