Ingredients for Making Chinese Ketchup
- Tomatoes (ripe) 1.5 kg;
- Salt (fine) 50 grams;
- Sugar 370 grams;
- Vinegar (9%) 120 milliliters;
- Garlic 5 grams;
- Clove (ground) 4 grams;
- Cinnamon (ground) 30 grams;
- Mustard (pasta) to taste;
- Boiling water (for scalding a tomato) 2-3 cups.
- Main Ingredients Tomato
- Serving 10 Servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Bowl ;, Colander ;, Knife ;, Gauze ;, Enameled pan ;, Wooden spatula ;, Kitchen stove ;, Spoon ;, Sterilized cans ;, Sterilized lids ;, Device for screwing the lids.
Cooking Chinese ketchup:
Step 1: We process tomatoes.We clean the tomatoes from twigs, wash them under running water, stir them for a few seconds in a bowl with boiling water, cut them on top (with a cross) and remove the skin with a knife or fingers.
Step 2: Wipe the tomatoes.We wipe the tomatoes through a colander with small holes. Attention! It is more convenient to cut large tomatoes before wiping into 2 or 4 parts. With a knife, we remove the place where the tomatoes are attached to the branch.
Step 3: make the marinade.Spices are placed in a bag of gauze and put in an enameled pan. Add sugar, salt, vinegar.
Step 4: Cook the ketchup.Mashed tomatoes, spices in a gauze bag and spices set to simmer on low heat (approximately 30-40 minutes).
Step 5: Remove the bag of spices, mix.After the mass acquires the appearance of a sauce and the taste and aroma characteristic of ketchup appears, stop boiling and remove the bag of spices. During boiling, the mass must be constantly stirred with a wooden spatula so that the mixture does not burn. Turn off the heat, leave the sauce to cool completely under the lid.
Step 6: Add Mustard.Add mustard to chilled ketchup.
Step 7: Put the ketchup in banks and roll it up.In pre-sterilized (in the oven - 10 minutes or over the kettle steam - 15 minutes) jars, carefully lay out the resulting ketchup, close with sterilized lids and roll up with a rolling device.
- - Jars with ketchup can also be closed with ordinary (suction) plastic lids, if the product is supposed to be stored in the refrigerator. In this case, ketchup should be eaten within a month;
- - This version of Chinese ketchup is very relevant for barbecue;
- - Ketchup can be used as an addition to a hot dog, scrambled eggs, noodles with minced meat, etc.