Ingredients for cooking rosehips
- Water 1 liter
- Fresh or dried rosehips about 30 berries
- Sugar to taste.
- Honey and lemon (if desired) to taste
- Key Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineUkrainian Cuisine
Inventory:Spoon, Bowl, Casserole
Cooking wild rose hips:
Step 1: prepare the berries.First of all, we will check whether we have them in stock. If not, there is a backup option, look around. Rosehip berries retain all vitamins and nutrients even in cold weather. So, you can collect them in the winter. Found the berries? We carefully sort through them, rinse and fill with ordinary cold water. Let them stand a little.
Step 2: prepare the uzvar.Berry-drenched berries must be set on fire and brought to a boil. Let it simmer for about three minutes. Now remove them from the stove, cover with a lid, and let the drink cool and infuse in a cool place. How long? If you take the traditional Ukrainian recipe, then within a day. But you can limit yourself to half an hour. There was a sheer smallness: strain it and add sugar or, even better, natural honey. By the way, it is advisable to add honey not in boiling water, but at least in hot broth. Its healing properties are better preserved. A slice of lemon does not hurt, although lemon, of course, was not included in the old recipe. Then the apples were added.
Step 3: serve.Rosehip Uzar is a traditional Christmas dish. What else is the Christmas table famous for? Of course, pastries. So, the uzvar is served with pies and other dough products. But it is good and just like a soft drink. Enjoy your meal!
- - In two or three rosehip berries, daily doses of vitamins C, P and carotene are contained. So, if you have their stock, you can do without expensive pharmacy multivitamins.
- - Uzvar can be prepared from a wide variety of fresh and dry fruits and berries. The main difference from the usual compote is that the uzvar is insisted, not boiled.
- - If you are expecting a baby, you can safely drink a cold rosehip of rose hips instead of water. Do not add sugar.