Ingredients for Gadjar Pulau
- Basmati Rice 1 cup (cup capacity 250 milliliters)
- Sesame (sesame) 1 tablespoon
- Raisins of any kind 2 tablespoons
- Carrot 1 piece
- Coconut pulp or dried shavings 3 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Pure, distilled water 2 cups
- Cloves 6-7 pieces
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Cinnamon stick 1 piece medium size
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients Carrot, Rice
- Serving 10 Servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Stove, Kettle, Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Deep bowl, Fine sieve, Paper kitchen towels, Frying pan with a thick non-stick bottom and lid, Deep plate, Grater, Tablespoon, Plate
Cooking Gadjar Pulau:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients and fry the spices with coconut.In fact, this type of pilaf includes many more spices and ingredients, which includes fresh vegetables and a set of spices Garam Masala - Indian seasoning. But today we will prepare a more simplified, so to speak easy version of the pilaf Gajar Pulau. Put on a stove included in the middle level, a full kettle of clean distilled water and bring it to a boil. Place the rice in a deep bowl, rinse under running water and soak it in water for 20 minutes. Then discard on a fine sieve, let the remaining liquid drain, transfer to a deep dry bowl and let dry. Put raisins in a deep bowl and pour boiling water over it. for 10 minutes. Peel the carrots with a knife, rinse under running water, pat dry with paper kitchen towels and grate coarsely in a deep bowl. Keep the water in the kettle hot. Turn the second burner to the middle level, place in a non-frying pan with a dense thick non-stick bottom and pour in the right amount of fat. Throw sesame seeds, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon stick and coconut into the preheated fat. Fry the ingredients for 3 to 4 minutes until the coconut takes on a light golden hue.
Step 2: fry the rice.After the coconut has taken the color you need, add the right amount of rice to the total mass and fry the ingredients for 3 to 4 minutes stirring vigorously with a spatula so that the rice grains do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
Step 3: add carrots and water.Then add carrots to the rice and fry all together 2 - 3 minutes, not forgetting to mix the ingredients with a kitchen spatula. After the right time, pour in the speed 2 cups of hot water from the kettle. Add salt and raisins to the taste without the water in which it was soaked, mix the resulting mass with a kitchen spatula, bring the water in a pan to a boil and switch the stove to the lowest level.
Step 4: Cook Gajar Pulau.Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and cook the pilaf for 30 - 35 minutes to complete readiness. Ready rice should be boiled, soft, but keep its oblong shape and will not boil in water to a state of porridge, so do not add more water to the pilaf than indicated in the recipe. When the pilaf is ready, do not rush to try it, let it stand under the closed lid for 10 - 15 minutes and after you can, put it on a plate with a tablespoon and try your work of art.
Step 5: serve Gajar Pulau.Gajar Pulau is served hot laid on a large flat plate or portioned on small plates. This type of pilaf can be decorated with finely chopped greens of dill, parsley, celery and basil. This type of Gajar Pulau is necessary, whatever it may be supplemented with, for example, any kind of stew, baked vegetables or a salad of fresh vegetables. Fragrant, tasty and not expensive! Enjoy your meal!
- - For the preparation of this type of pilaf, you can use any other, long-grained, polished or unpolished rice.
- - During the preparation of this type of pilaf, you can add any spices you like that are suitable for dishes of meat and vegetables. For example, chili peppers, coriander, mint, caraway seeds, ginger, garlic and many others.
- - A real Indian Gajar Pulau is cooked with vegetables, which are stewed in a pan with spices, but in this simplified version you can grind onions and sweet pepper salad with carrots, the aroma and taste of the dish with these additives is more intense and very pleasant .
- - Gadzhar Pulau can be cooked in a cauldron, ducklings or in a pressure cooker. In the last container, it cooks much faster for about 15 to 20 minutes.