Ingredients for Making Pickled Mussels
- Frozen mussels 1 kilogram
- Distilled pure water 1 liter
- Salt to taste
- Onion 1 piece
- Balsamic vinegar 3 teaspoons or to taste
- Soy sauce 1 tablespoon or to taste
- Garlic 1 head or to taste
- Black peppercorns - 1 teaspoon to taste
- Dried coriander seeds 1 teaspoon
- Laurel leaf 2-3 pieces
- Dried red hot pepper or fresh pepper 1 piece (up to 3 centimeters in length)
- Olive or vegetable oil approximately 100-150 milliliters
- Main IngredientsMussels and Scallops, Onions, Garlic
- Serving 1 serving
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Deep pan, Stove, Knife, Teaspoon, Tablespoon, Colander, Skimmer, Garlic gourd, Sterilized liter jar, Plastic lid, Refrigerator, Plate
Cooking pickled mussels:
Step 1: defrost the mussels.Place the frozen mussels directly with the bag in a deep bowl with cold running water and defrost them this way for 30 - 35 minutes. Then discard the thawed mussels in a colander and rinse them thoroughly under a stream of cold running water from sand and any other contaminants. Then transfer the seafood into a clean, deep bowl.
Step 2: cook the mussels.Place a deep pan with 1 liter of pure distilled water on a stove that is on a medium level. Using a knife, peel the onions without cutting the tail, rinse the vegetable with red pepper under running water and put the ingredients in a pan. Add salt to taste, not forgetting that you will combine seafood with soy sauce, which is also salty to taste. Bring water to a boil and boil vegetables 8 - 10 minutes so that they dissolve their aroma. Then put the prepared mussels into the water and cook them for 3 to 4 minutes. Then use the slotted spoon to remove the mussels, transferring them from the pan to a deep bowl and let them cool. You no longer need water in the pan; it can be drained.
Step 3: pickle the mussels.In a bowl with mussels, add balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and mix the ingredients with a tablespoon until smooth. Take a clean, sterilized liter jar and place in it a bay leaf, dried coriander seeds and black peppercorns. Then peel the garlic and squeeze it through the garlic press directly into the jar with all the spices. Place seafood in a jar of spices and fill them with olive or vegetable oil so that the fat completely covers the mussels and reaches almost the level of the neck of the jar. Stir the ingredients with a tablespoon, cover the jar with a clean plastic lid and shake it a couple of times. After put the mussels for 10 - 12 hours in the refrigerator, and it’s better even longer, because the longer they marinate, the more aromatic and rich their taste will be.
Step 4: Serve the pickled mussels.Pickled mussels are served cold laid on special plates or bowls intended for serving seafood. Before serving this dish, you can arrange marinated mussels, freshly chopped dill, parsley or green onions. The perfect aperitif for this meal, white or pink semi-dry wine. Enjoy and have fun! Enjoy your meal!
- - Sometimes mussels are pickled with fresh herbs dill, parsley, basil, or lemongrass and savory are added.
- - The set of spices in this recipe is not essential, you can put any spices that are suitable for seafood dishes.
- - If you bought mussels in sinks, rinse them thoroughly under running water, then soak them in cold running water with added salt and lemon juice to open the sinks. Then introduce open shells into boiling water and boil for 3 to 4 minutes. After pulling the mussels out of the water, let cool and separate the meat from the shells. Then use seafood as indicated in the recipe.
- - Before using a liter jar with a plastic lid, make sure that they are clean and dry!