Sicilian fried squid ingredients
- Squids (rings) prepared frozen 400-500 grams
- Wheat flour 200-250 grams
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley to taste
- Parmesan cheese 100-150 grams
- Dried garlic (powder) to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Main ingredients
- Serving 7 servings
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Inventory:Refrigerator, Bowl, Sieve - 2 pieces, Small bowl, Tablespoon, Plate - 2 pieces, Fine grater, Cling film, Kitchen paper towels, Cutting board, Kitchen knife, Deep fryer, Skimmer, Flat serving dish
Sicilian fried squid cooking:
Step 1: prepare the squid.We take out the finished squid rings from the freezer of the refrigerator, transfer to a bowl and set aside so that the product defrosts itself to room temperature. Then the thawed squid rings are transferred to a sieve and washed with warm boiled water. After this, the ingredient is left in the same bowl in the sink so that all the liquid from it is glass.
Step 2: prepare the flour mixture.Sift flour through a sieve into a small bowl. After - add salt and black pepper to taste. Using a tablespoon, mix all 3 components well until a uniform consistency is formed. It is advisable to sift the flour, since due to this process, it is saturated with oxygen, and subsequently flour lumps are not found in the dish and it turns out even more tender. Attention: It is very important to check the quality of the flour. To do this, it is enough to taste it: stale flour leaves a sour or bitter aftertaste on the tongue and therefore can ruin our entire dish.
Step 3: prepare the cheese.We take not a deep plate and rub the cheese with a fine grater. We do this directly above the plate so that the pieces of cheese do not fall on the table or on the floor. Attention: since the cheese product has the ability to dry quickly, wrap it with cling film.
Step 4: prepare the greens.For starters, rinse the parsley well under warm running water. Then, using kitchen paper towels, wipe our component dry. After - put the greens on a cutting board and chop it very finely with a kitchen knife. Shredded ingredient is transferred to a plate.
Step 5: prepare fried Sicilian squid.We take out the squid rings from the sieve, transfer to a bowl with flour mixture and manually roll them from all sides. Then we transfer our ingredient to a dry sieve and shake it several times to remove all excess breading. We will fry squids in a deep fryer. To do this, pour vegetable oil into its container, turn on the kitchen equipment and heat the liquid to the desired temperature. When the vegetable oil begins to bubble, you can proceed to the cooking process itself. So, put the squid in a sieve for frying and put them in a deep fat fryer so that the oil completely covers our ingredient. To ensure that the dish is well-fried from all sides equally, constantly stir it with a slotted spoon. After the rings are covered with a delicate golden crust, we take out a sieve with the finished product and gently shake it off the oil over the fryer. Then we shift the fried squid on a paper towel in order to make the glass extra vegetable oil. Attention: In no case do not overdo the squid rings, as they can turn out to be tough. After that, until our ingredient has cooled, transfer it from a paper towel to a serving dish and sprinkle with dried garlic powder, cheese chips and finely chopped parsley.
Step 6: Serve Sicilian fried squid.Sicilian fried squids can be served with various sauces. You can also decorate the dish with green Chinese salad leaves, tomatoes, sliced slices and sprigs of greenery. Good appetite!
- - You can’t defrost squid rings with a microwave or in hot water, as they will lose their taste and, then, the dish will not work.
- - Fry the squid rings in the fryer in batches so that our dish is fried from all sides.
- - If you did not find squid rings on the shelves in the supermarket or in a specialized fish store, but raw fillet was at hand, then the method of preparing this ingredient will change. You need to take fresh squid fillet, rinse it thoroughly under running cold water, remove the chitin plates, and then lower it into boiling water and cook for exactly 3 minutes, but no more, since they can become tough like rubber. After that, wash the boiled squid under running water, peel off the film and only then cut into rings.
- - To dust the dishes, you can take any other hard cheese to your taste. From this fried squid in Sicilian style will not become less tasty.
- - If there is no fresh parsley, do not be discouraged. A worthy substitute for it is dried parsley, which can easily be sprinkled on a dish, chopping it in your hands.
- - Also, in addition to black pepper and salt, you can add any other spices to the flour mixture to your taste.
- - A dish also turns out to be very tasty if you sprinkle it with capers or chopped pine nuts before serving.
- - If you don’t have a deep fryer at hand, do not be discouraged. After all, such a dish can also be fried in an ordinary pan with a thick bottom! To do this, just pour more vegetable oil so that the squid rings completely float in the liquid. And after the allotted time for cooking, we get a fried dish or a slotted spoon or an ordinary fork.