Ingredients for Cooking Lamb with Beans and Corn
- Lamb (neck of a young lamb) 700-800 grams
- Sifted wheat flour 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Beans, canned without fillers 1 can (500 grams)
- Sweet pickled corn 1 jar (470 grams)
- Any 500 milliliter broth
- Sweet tomato paste 1 cup (cup capacity 200 milliliters)
- Chili powder 2 tablespoons or to taste
- Ground caraway seeds 1 teaspoon
- Garlic 2-3 prongs
- Salt to taste
- Allspice, ground teaspoon or to taste
- Distilled pure water 1 cup (cup capacity 200 milliliters)
- Main Ingredients: Lamb, Beans, Onions, Garlic
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Cutting board - 2 pieces, Knife - 2 pieces, Deep bowl, Canned key, Plate - 3 pieces, Stove, Deep cauldron, Kitchen spatula, Measuring cup for liquid, Glass, Tablespoon, Teaspoon
Cooking lamb with beans and corn:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.First you need to choose the right meat. The erroneous opinion is that mutton "stinks", the smell of this meat depends on the correct slaughter of the male ram and his youth, and in particular on the old fat deposits of the individual. Therefore, for stewing it is worth choosing the meat of a young lamb. This recipe uses the neck of a young individual, it does not need to be soaked in marinades, but it should be cleaned of excess fat. Rinse the meat under running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, lay it on a cutting board, clean it with a knife from the hymen, which can make the meat stiff and excess fat, which may contain a specific, repulsive odor for some people. Then cut the meat into slices with an approximate diameter 3 by 3 centimeters and place in a deep bowl. Now, using the canned wrench, open cans of canned beans, corn, and sweet tomato paste. Peel onions and garlic and rinse under running water. Dry the onion with paper kitchen towels, lay on a cutting board and cut into a medium cube with an approximate diameter up to 1 centimeter. Then chop the garlic in small pieces of arbitrary shape and size, let's say 5 by 5 millimeters. Arrange the slices in separate plates.
Step 2: prepare the meat for frying.
Step 3: fry the meat.
Step 4: stew the lamb.By itself, the meat of a young lamb is cooked quite quickly for no more than 40 - 45 minutes, but since the recipe uses canned ingredients, it is better to start the meat separately from the beginning, then combine all the products and bring the dish to full readiness. So add to the cauldron 1 cup clean distilled water, cover the container with a lid, screw the stove to a small level and simmer the meat until the moisture evaporates completely, approximately 15 - 20 minutes. Periodically lift the lid off the cauldron, stir the meat and monitor the water level.
Step 5: bring the dish to full readiness.
Step 6: serve lamb with beans and corn.Lamb with beans and corn is served hot. After cooking, meat and vegetables are laid out on plates and seasoned with sour cream or homemade cream if desired. This dish will bring you a lot of pleasure, not only for its aroma, unusual appearance, but also for its magnificent, rich taste. Cook with pleasure! Enjoy your meal!
- - The unpleasant odor of lamb remains only if the male was not slaughtered correctly, such meat is called lamb. Therefore, when choosing lamb, be sure to ask the seller to burn fat from the piece of meat that you have chosen to prepare your dish. If you bought a knur, it is almost impossible to rehabilitate such meat; in any case, an unpleasant smell will be felt!
- - If the flavor of mutton itself is not pleasant to you, but you like the meat, you can neutralize the specific mutton flavor by pickling meat in any marinade, for example, mustard marinade, vinegar, tomato, kefir or garlic. Spices such as zira, ground red pepper, turmeric, curry, suneli hops are also suitable for marinating lamb, and these are just a few options.
- - To prepare this dish, you can use such parts of lamb carcass as drumstick, shank, shoulder blade, neck.
- - Canned beans can be replaced with boiled beans.
- - Lamb with beans and corn is easy to turn into a breathtakingly delicious soup, if you double the weight of the broth, adding not 500 milliliters, but 1.5 liters.