Ingredients for making lavash sprats
- Pita thin sheet 3-4 pieces
- Ground beef fresh 500 grams
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Onions medium size 1-2 pieces
- Dried sesame or caraway seeds to taste
- Olive oil for greasing dishes
- Vegetable oil for frying the filling
- Bay leaf to taste
- Main ingredients: Beef, Bread
- Serving 5 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Frying pan, Cooker, Tablespoon, Wooden spatula, Deep bowl, Oven, Pastry brush, Small bowl, Bakeware, Cutting board, Knife, Plate, Kitchen gloves
Cooking sprats from pita bread:
Step 1: prepare the onion.Using a knife, peel the onion from the husks and rinse under running water. We spread the vegetable on a cutting board and, using the same sharp inventory, finely chop the onion into small squares, the size of no more than 1 centimeter. Shredded vegetable is transferred to a clean plate.
Step 2: prepare the ground beef.In order for our vertuta to turn out more delicious and juicy, it is best to use fresh just cooked minced meat. Therefore, put the ingredient in a deep bowl and for now put it aside. Attention: if you cook a dish in the summer, then it is best to put the minced meat in the refrigerator so that it does not deteriorate while we stew the onions.
Step 3: prepare the filling.So, pour into the pan 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and put the capacity on the fire less than average. After the oil is warmed up, make a small fire and carefully spread the chopped onion into the pan. With constant stirring with a wooden spatula, simmer the vegetable until it becomes soft and acquires a delicate beige hue. After that, put the ground beef in a bowl, salt and pepper the filling to taste. Again, mix the components well with a spatula so that the minced meat is not stewed in a pan lumps. Attention: if necessary, add a little more vegetable oil. Stew meat filling for 30 minutes, not forgetting from time to time to mix everything well with improvised inventory. In 10-15 minutes add minced meat to the pan 2-3 medium bay leaves, but we don’t mix the filling, since the bay leaf is a rather bright spice in terms of aromatic properties, so it will be enough to soak the minced meat with its smell. At the end of the allotted time, turn off the burner, take out and discard the bay leaves with our hands, since we no longer need them, and try the taste with the help of a tablespoon. If minced meat with onion is not salty and peppery enough, then you can add a few more of these components at your discretion. Set the filling aside to cool to a warm state.
Step 4: prepare the spit from pita bread.So, the filling is already ready, so you can begin to cook sprats from pita bread. Using a tablespoon, spread the meat filling on the longer side of the pita bread, while leaving a small distance from each edge, so that it is then convenient to wrap the filling in a sheet of dough. Then, with clean, dry hands, wrap the ground beef in pita bread, making a roll. We also wrap the edges of the roll so that during the baking process the filling does not creep out in the baking dish. We repeat the same procedure with the remaining pita leaves. After that, pour a small amount of olive oil into the baking dish and, using a pastry brush, spread the oil all over the bottom and sides of the container. Now, put the first roll of pita bread on the center of the pan and begin to form a snail out of it. When the first roll ends, we continue to form the spit with the second roll and so on until the rolls of pita bread with filling are finished. Attention: it is necessary to form a snail so that the rolls fit snugly against each other. At the end we pour a small amount of olive oil into the bowl and, dipping the confectionery brush in the container, grease the surface of the dish well and only after that sprinkle our sesame or caraway seeds to our twirl. Put the dish in a preheated oven to a temperature 180 ° C and bake for 30-45 minutes until the vertices from pita bread acquire a golden brown color.
Step 5: serve the spit from the pita bread.When the pita bread from the pita bread is ready, turn off the oven, and get the baking dish with the dish using kitchen oven mitts. We leave the twirl aside for a while so that it can cool down a bit. And then we cut the dish into small pieces and we can serve it with tea, coffee, compote or even kefir. Good appetite!
- - Any filling to your taste is suitable for making pita sprouts from pita bread. Instead of minced meat, you can also add cottage cheese, mashed potatoes with fried onions or, for example, stewed cabbage with mushrooms. In a word, all that you wish.
- - Before baking, the lavash spit can also be greased with whipped yolks. Thus, the dish will become more golden.
- - Instead of ground beef, you can also use chicken, and turkey and pork.
- - If you still use frozen ground beef, in this case it is necessary to thaw it in advance to room temperature. And for this, just leave it aside, but in no case try to speed up the process by using a microwave or hot running water. This can not only spoil the minced meat, but the dish will not work out already so tasty and juicy.
- - If you want to serve the twirl to the table in its original form, then it is best to use a detachable form. In another case, you need a baking dish after cooking the sprats, cover with a cutting board and turn the dish upside down with quick hand movements. After this, repeat the procedure, but already covering the spit with a flat serving dish.