Ingredients for Cooking Lean Carrot Cutlets
- Carrots of medium size 5-7 pieces
- Semolina 100 grams
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper 0.5 teaspoon
- Main Ingredients Carrot, Semolina
- Serving 5 servings
Inventory:Kitchen brush, Saucepan, Cooker, Lid, Fork, Bowl - 3 pieces, Knife, Fine grater, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Plate, Frying pan, Kitchen mitts, Wooden spatula, Wide flat serving dish
Cooking lean carrot cutlets:
Step 1: prepare the carrots.We thoroughly wash the raw carrots with a kitchen brush under warm running water. Then we transfer our ingredient to a pan with cold water, so that the liquid completely covers our root crop. We put this container on a big fire, having previously covered it with a lid. When the water in the pan boils, reduce the heat to medium and cook the vegetable for 25-30 minutes. We check the preparedness of the vegetable with a fork, piercing the root crop with it. If the carrots are soft, then it's ready. Turn off the fire, and put the pan with the prepared vegetable ingredient under cold water. When the root crops have cooled, we take them out of the container and with the help of a kitchen knife we clean them from the skin. Then, using a fine grater, we rub our root crop on vegetable chips and transfer to a free bowl.
Step 2: prepare minced meat for lean carrot cutlets.In the same container, we add sugar, salt and black pepper to the chopped carrots, as well as half the norm of semolina. Using a tablespoon, thoroughly mix all the ingredients together to a homogeneous mass. Using the same dining equipment, put a little carrot stuffing on the palm of your right hand and manually form small cutlets from it. Then we transfer them to a plate with the remaining semolina and roll them well in this ingredient.
Step 3: prepare lean carrot cutlets.Pour vegetable oil into the pan and put the container on medium heat. When the oil warms up well, transfer several cutlets to this container at a short distance from each other and fry them on one side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Then, with the help of a kitchen wooden spatula, carefully turn our dish on the other side and after a golden crust forms, we reduce the fire. Cover the lid and fry the carrot cutlets on a small fire 10 minutes. At the end of this time, turn off the burner, with the help of a kitchen tack we open the lid of the pan and get lean carrot cutlets from the container with a wooden spatula. We shift them into a deep bowl.
Step 4: serve lean carrot cutlets.After the tender and fragrant carrot cutlets have cooled slightly, transfer them to a wide dish and serve. Our fasting dish is amazingly delicious, both warm and cold, with honey or jam, as well as homemade yogurt or sour cream, unless, of course, you observe fasting. Serve our cutlets for breakfast or dinner as an independent dish, along with vegetables or salad. Good appetite!
- - The amount of salt, sugar and ground black pepper can vary depending on what or whom you are preparing the patties for. If you want your dish to be sweeter, add more sugar and less salt. And vice versa. And if you are preparing cutlets for children, then I do not recommend adding black ground pepper to the carrot.
- - You can cook lean cutlets in the oven, in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- - It is recommended to cook carrot cutlets not only for children and lovers of vegetarian cuisine, but also for people with weakened immunity, because there are a lot of useful microelements in the vegetable ingredient.
- - Oat flakes can be added to minced carrots instead of semolina.
- - If you add chopped walnuts to the stuffing, then carrot cutlets will be more delicious and satisfying from this ingredient. Lean cutlets are even tastier if you add pine nuts or cashew nuts to the minced meat.
- - If you want carrot cutlets to be not only sweet, but also fragrant, then in addition to sugar, put vanillin in minced vegetables.
- - Ready lean carrot cutlets on top can be decorated with fried sesame seeds. And delicious and beautiful!
- - Add raisins or other ground dried fruits to the carrot cutlets instead of salt and black pepper - the taste of the cutlets will be amazing.
- - You can roll cutlets not only in semolina, but also in breadcrumbs.