Ingredients for making meat tartare
- Beef tenderloin 600 grams
- Chicken yolk 1 piece
- Hot mustard 1 teaspoon
- Medium shallots 1 piece
- Fresh parsley 3 sprigs
- Canned canned 2 tablespoons
- Worcester sauce 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Main Ingredients: Beef, Onion, Mustard
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Cutting board, Freezer, Knife, Deep bowl, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Plate - 3 pieces, Small round tins without bottom, Refrigerator, Serving dish, Cling film or bag
Cooking meat tartare:
Step 1: prepare the parsley.
We wash the parsley under running water, shake off excess liquid and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, we chop the greens very finely and after that we transfer it to a free plate.
Step 2: prepare the shallots.
Shallots are peeled, washed under running water and put on a cutting board. Using a knife, finely chop the vegetable and after that - transfer to a clean plate. Attention: the smaller we chop the onion, the tastier the dish will be.
Step 3: prepare the capers.
We spread the canned capers on a cutting board and use a knife to chop into small pieces. Shredded capers are transferred to a free plate.
Step 4: prepare the meat.
Before processing meat, it must be cooled in the freezer for 20 minutes. To do this, put the beef in a plastic wrap or bag so that it does not absorb extraneous food odors. After that, free the meat from the film and transfer it to a cutting board. Using a knife, cut the beef into small steaks, approximately 1 centimeter. After that, we chop each steak into pieces so that we get minced meat. Attention: A heavy knife is best used for this process. Shred the ground beef into a deep bowl.
Step 5: prepare the meat tartare.
So, in a bowl with chopped meat, put finely chopped parsley, shallots, capers, and also add olive oil, Worcester sauce, Tabasco sauce and mix everything thoroughly with a tablespoon until a homogeneous mass is formed. Then add mustard, salt and pepper the minced meat to taste and again mix everything well until smooth. Attention: the dish can be mixed with clean hands dipped in warm water. After that, we wrap the bowl with cling film and set the minced meat to cool and stand in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
After the allotted time, we take out the minced meat from the refrigerator, release the container from the film, and put a small round mold in the center of the serving dish. We fill this container using a tablespoon, meat mixture, then carefully remove this mold and we can serve the dish to the table.
Step 6: serve the meat tartare.
Meat tartare is actually a French dish, which is very fond of in the north of France. This dish is prepared exclusively from meat of domestic cows, which is necessarily processed and is especially suitable for this unusual dish. The meat tartare is tender, with a pleasant aroma of spices and a spicy taste. We immediately serve the finished dish to the table while it is chilled. If desired, tartare can be decorated with a sprig of parsley, a slice of lemon and soy sauce.
- For the preparation of meat tartare, beef must be carefully selected. In fact, this dish is made from Pyrenean beef. Therefore, if you have the opportunity to purchase this particular kind of meat, be sure to use it. In any case, pay attention to the color and smell of meat. The color of the beef should be a pale pink, neutral fresh smell. The meat must be unbroken and, of course, purchased at trusted retail outlets.
- One mold with tartar is designed for one person.
- As a side dish, such a meat dish is perfect for deep-fried potatoes, as well as a salad of fresh vegetables.
- Meat tartare can be served separately according to its constituent components. Everyone can mix all the products on their own and add sauces and seasonings in more or less quantities as desired.
“The meat tartare may be royal.” This name was given to the dish thanks to another ingredient - black caviar. Therefore, if you want to pamper your guests, sprinkle the dish before serving caviar.
- Ready meat tartare must be immediately served to the table, since this dish cannot be stored in the refrigerator for more than 2 hours.
- Meat tartare is supposed to be washed down with French red dry wine.