Ingredients for cooking bacon in foil
- Fat 1 kg.
- Garlic 2 heads
- Mustard 150 gr.
- Salt 50 gr.
- Seasoning to taste
- Parsley several branches
- Main ingredients: Lard, Garlic
- Serving 10 Servings
- World CuisineUkrainian Cuisine
Inventory:Kitchen knife, Cutting board, Bowl, Foil, Baking tray or dish, Plate
Preparation of baked foil bacon:
Step 1: Prepare the fat.Fresh lard must be thoroughly washed, dried and peeled with a knife. To do this, we scrape off a piece of bacon from all sides with a blade. After that, cut a piece into several parts (approximately 300 grams each).
Step 2: Pickle the bacon.Peel the garlic, wash the cloves and cut each into 4 parts. First of all, the fat should be stuffed with garlic. To do this, use a knife to make holes of different depths in the pulp and insert slices into them. Next, rub the pieces well with salt and any seasoning that you like. It can be a mixture of peppers, or a special seasoning for pork or grill. Then grease the fat with mustard and put the pieces in a bowl, which we cover and send to the refrigerator. It must be marinated for at least 12 hours. It is best to prepare it in the evening, so that it is soaked overnight, and in the morning you can already start baking an appetizing snack.
Step 3: Bake the dish.Using a knife, we get the garlic from the fat, and wrap the pieces in foil. We put them on a baking sheet and send them to the oven, preheated to a temperature of 180 degrees. Maintaining the same heat, bake the dish for 40 minutes. If you are a lover of crisp, then 10 minutes before turning off, you can open the foil on top. If your oven has a “grill” function, then you can turn it on for the same period (for 10 minutes). Then the snack will lighten and complement with a pleasant aroma.
Step 4: Serve the bacon in the foil.We take out the finished fat from the oven. Then cool and remove the foil from the pieces. Cut the fat into thin slices, decorate with parsley and serve. The remaining part must be transferred to a well-closing container or jar and put in the refrigerator. Lard baked in foil can be stored for a week at low temperatures and not deteriorate. But, often, it does not linger for a long time, but wraps itself “behind both cheeks”. Enjoy your meal and always be fully armed!
- - In order to make the appetizer even more delicious, it is best to give an advantage to the one that will be with a layer of meat when choosing lard. But it must be borne in mind that if this is the lard chosen, then the baking time increases to 60 minutes.
- - The dish can be aesthetically decorated by sprinkling pieces of bacon with red ground paprika. You can also put circles of sweet pepper on the dish, which will also make the appetizer more beautiful and colorful.
- - If you are not a fan of spicy food, then in this case you can spread the pieces with tomato paste instead of mustard, seasoned with black pepper and lemon juice.